General ICT Fundamentals
This course is conducted under the Holiday Makers’ Programme.
Basic Computer Application. It provides skills on how to use computer applications when taking on your basic computer use tasks. It provides a full blend on MS-office packages that have become vital in business operations. Learning Outcomes. Identify and discuss the four main functions of computer hardware: input, processing, output, and storage.
Microsoft Office is a suite of desktop productivity applications that is designed specifically to be used for office or business use. It is a proprietary product of Microsoft Corporation and was first released in 1990. … It mainly consists of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, Outlook and Publisher applications.
Internet Applications. The Internet has many important applications. Of the various services available via the Internet, the three most important are e-mail, web browsing, and peer-to-peer services . E-mail, also known as electronic mail, is the most widely used and successful of Internet applications.
Rich Web Application. A rich web application is a Web application that has many of the characteristics of desktop application software. The concept is closely related to a single-page application, and may allow the user interactive features such as drag and drop, background menu, WYSIWYG editing, etc.
Most Important Applications in Graphic Design. … Graphics software or Graphic Design software is a collection of programs that enable a person to modify visual images. Graphic designers use their own creativity and various software to design visuals. They create everything starting from websites to gaming.
Computer Repair Application. Software-based computer repair issues are generally related to operating system (OS) configuration or updates, installed applications, viruses and other software services. Similarly, computer repair for network/Internet issues allow a computer to completely utilize available and network services.
- Identify and discuss the four main functions of computer hardware: input, processing, output, and storage.
- Identify and describe major hardware components. Have knowledge in basic computer application.
- Identify, describe and use communications and networking terminology and technology to include Internet operations and its uses. Have knowledge in basic active e-mailing applications.
- Describe the major operating system functions and demonstrate usage of operating system services to include: disk management, file management, and memory management.
- Identify and discuss computer ethics and security issues.
- Demonstrate searching, validation, and evaluation of information found online and in library databases.
- Identify, discuss and use important categories of application software: word processing, spreadsheet, database management, and presentation graphics.